Presbyopia is going to catch up with us all. It simply means aging of the eye, and it’s inevitable.
What is Presbyopia?
The crystalline lens of the eye is soft, flexible and gel-like in youth, but as the eye begins to age (along with the rest of our body) the lens starts to stiffen up and is more difficult to squeeze in to shape by the cillary muscles of the eye.
How Can I overcome Presbyopia?
Before now there weren’t many options to overcome Presbyopia, but recent exciting advances in Ophthalmology give patients the choice of a corneal inlay which corrects the condition.
Optilase now offer the Presbia Flexivue Microlens, an astounding little piece of engineering which is fitted into only one eye; the non-dominant one, to correct your vision.
It’s extremely safe, easily removable and replaceable if a new prescription is needed, and unlike many other corrective eye procedures there is no permanent corneal tissue loss.
The Presbia Flexivue Microlens provides:
• It’s removable & replaceable
• Unlike LASIK, there is no permanent loss of corneal tissue
• It’s biocompatible with the cornea
• Significantly improves near vision
• Fast visual recovery, usually within a couple of days
• Distance vision acuity doesn’t change
• No need for reading glasses in normal lighting conditions
• Cosmetically appealing: the Presbia Flexivue Microlens™ cannot be seen by a naked eye
Call Optilase on 180 301 302 to book your free consultation and find out if corneal inlays will work for you.